Summer has knocked our doors and along with prickly heat, we suffer dehydration. We look for the drinks that can quench our thirst and keep us hydrated. Aam Panna or Mango Panna is one such drink that keeps our body cool and hydrated. This cooling refresher of summer drinks in India made from unripe green mangoes. Aam Panna is a delicious summer drink ready to punch your taste-buds with its pungent taste. The added flavors of cumin, black salt, and cardamom are just a cherry on the top.
Learn how to make Aam Panna in just easy steps.
Ingredients Required for Aam Panna
- 3 to 4 Green raw mangoes
- 3 tbsp brown sugar (You may also use jaggery or white sugar as per your choice)
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp black salt
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
Direction to Make
- Peel off the Green raw mangoes and chop them roughly.
- In a large pan, add the seeded raw mangoes along with two liters of water, salt, black salt, roasted cumin powder, black pepper powder, red chili powder, mint leaves, and sugar and mix well.
- For about 25 – 30 minutes boil it on medium heat.
- The pulp of the raw mango, by now, will be very soft, thick, and easy to remove them from the seeds.
- Let the boiled mango be cooled at room temperature. When it cools, remove the pulp from the seeds completely and collect it in a separate bowl.
- Now, transfer the collected pulp with all the water in a mixture. Grind the boiled raw mango until it turns into a smooth puree.
- Now, the Concentrated Aam Panna is ready! You can keep it in the refrigerator for it to get chilled.
- Put an amount of it in a glass and add some water to it. If you want it extra chilled, then, add some cubes of ice too.
Aam Panna’s Health Benefits
- It protects your body from heatstroke in summers as It is a natural cooling refresher.
- Raw mango is rich in iron and vitamin C.
- It helps in digestion and keeps your gut healthy.
Listen to Dr. Vandana Goel and learn how to cook the scrumptious Aam Panna.